Saturday, February 26, 2011

Healthy Computer means Healthy Network

It is important to keep a healthy computer and network. It is also important to keep current version antivirus software and malware. I was working on my computer checking my email, and a program open and started scanning my laptop. I let the software scan my laptop, because I thought it was my antivirus software. When the program finished scanning I clicked the remove button. The screen went out to a website called System Tool and it wanted me to buy the software. I closed the browsers and every time I tried to open a program I would get a warning message from system tool. It would open not let me open any program. I spent over an hour trying to remove that software. I could not even open my antivirus software so I could run it.
After trying for over an hour to remove the software, I booted my laptop up in safe mode. In safe mode I could run different programs. I downloaded Malware Bytes and then I installed it. While in safe mode the malware found two viruses and removed them.  I rebooted my laptop and ran the malware again and it did not find any viruses. I also ran my antivirus software and the antivirus software found no viruses. Now my computer is clean and I want to keep it clean.
 Some things you can do to keep my computer and your network healthy. Do a disk clean, then and disk defragmenter once a week. This will help keep your files organized and your computer will run faster. Secondly do a full antivirus scan they will help to keep your computer and network healthy. Some ISP offers some kind of antivirus software for free. Finally back up of your computers at least once a month, to an external hard drive. If you have tried everything to fix your computer and you still cannot correct the problem, or if your computer has crash, you will be able to restore everything from the last backup.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment